Thursday, October 16, 2008

Back again...

So...September went by with only one post. Call that "submerged with work and student papers as soon as I got off the plane" syndrome. I'm still submerged with the same, but what the heck. Honestly, I've had some heavy semesters, as we all have, but this one is definitely a Category 5. Never had anything like it. Perhaps teaching four courses will do that to you. Not a lot of students, on the whole, but being responsible for everything in four classes will take its toll. Good experience, I guess. The key, I'm learning, is to get at least one thing done every day; don't try to do too much, and concentrate rather than spread your efforts.

That being said, I'm about to break that rule for the next fifteen hours or so. Heh heh...And don't ask me what I'm doing up at 3:00 a.m., because I'll probably throw things at you. Just kidding. Well, maybe not.

Oh, and one last note...My profile is no longer accurate, since I've stopped karate completely (various reasons), and actually put my fencing gear in the basement yesterday. Medieval longsword is on hold as well, until the work is under control. Good times. I admire and wonder at people who can maintain several activities in addition to their work! I am not one of these...

Can I go back to my Dr. Pepper and papers now, pleeease??

No comments: